Mount usb drive with mount -a fails after f10 upgrade

Joe W. Byers ecjbosu at aol.com
Tue Jan 6 22:47:02 UTC 2009

Rick Stevens <ricks <at> nerd.com> writes:

PRUNED
> > Rick,
> >
> > Yes it exists. It was auto mounting for 3 years with the old OS's
(EL4 and EL5)
> > using fstab
>
> Different beasties than F10.  EL5 is based on FC6, that's why I asked.
> Question: If you try a manual mount, does it work? E.g.:
>
> 	# mkdir /mnt/test
> 	# mount -t ext2 /dev/sdc1 /mnt/test

Rick,

I did that. in fact that is my current workaround is to manually mount it
with
mount -t ext2 /dev/sdc1 /media/usbdisk.

Yes EL5 is a different beast.  I have two f8 upgraded before the server
to f10
workstations and a f10 laptop running on my home network with ldap login
and nfs
shared home mounts.  I wanted to go to f10 to get the new user features
 but the
server is giving me these minor problems.

Joe