yumex starts without password

Hi;
  I run F10 and KDE.
The system is fully updated.

I start programs from desktop icons.

When I log in I double-click the firefox icon and then the yumex icon.
While firefox is thinking about starting  - yumex connects and starts,
No password was asked for.

If I just double-click yumex it asks me for the root password, which it should.

I am not complaining but this seems wrong, what else could start as root while firefox is starting up?

[mick localhost ~]$ su -
Password:
[root localhost ~]# rpm -qa yumex firefox
firefox-3.0.5-1.fc10.x86_64
yumex-2.0.5-3.fc10.noarch
[root localhost ~]#

Mick M