Re: NetworkManager: IP address == Broadcast address?

Rick Stevens wrote:
[snip]
Question:
Is this a bug? I'm no IP addressing expert so IP address == broadcast address might be valid.

It is absolutely incorrect.  Your NIC should NOT have the broadcast
address as its IP address.

Thanks. That's good to know.

[snip]

I believe there is/was a bug in NM, so make sure you update it.  You may
have to hand-edit the /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-ppp0 script
to fix it.

My system is already updated and there's no newer NetworkManager. In updates-testing I only see an update to NetworkManager-openvpn.

Unfortunately The ifcfg-ppp0 script you refer to does not exist on my system. The only ones I have on my laptop are:

[root localhost ~]# locate ifcfg-
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-lo
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-wlan0
/usr/lib64/NetworkManager/libnm-settings-plugin-ifcfg-fedora.so
/usr/share/doc/irda-utils-0.9.18/ifcfg-irlan0

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Patrick