Re: ftp question

adrian kok wrote:
> Hi
>
> When I change this file /etc/passwd
>
> from /home/userA to /ftp/userA
>
> eg:
> userA:x:502:502::/ftp/userA:/bin/bash
>
> After change this passwd file, I can't logon as ftp
>
> but ssh is fine
>
> Thank you

Are you getting any error messages in the ftp logs files?  What are
they?  The log files (including syslog) are your friends in this case.
Without seeing what the logs say, I'm not sure we can help debug.  But,
if I had my guess, it could be that the /ftp/UserA directory doesn't
exist and so ftpd can't change to it.

quadraturae circuli

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support