Auditing subdirectories recursively using auditd

Hi list.

I found that auditd daemon is very useful to audit my linux
installation.  But, given a directory, I'd like to audit also its
subdirectories and files, recursively.  Also, if a user create or
modify something there, the audit watches should change properly.

Is it possible?  I cannot figure out the rules to add in
/etc/audit.rules to do that.  I hope in someone who experienced this
issue.

Thanks a lot,
--
Giuseppe Fuggiano