Re: Python Guru needed

Jim wrote:
FC 10/KDE

I'm trying to set a simple Alarm Clock in FC10 and I have a Python script I picked up, but I have error, running the script.
Can you explain to me with # comments on each line how to make this work.

import time
import os

not_executed = 1

while(not_executed):
  dt = list(time.localtime(time.time())
  hour = dt[3]
  minute = dt[4]
  if hour == 5 and minute == 45:
    os.popen2("open /Users/jun/shout.mp3")
    not_executed = 0

Error Message;

$ python AlarmClock
 File "AlarmClock", line 7
   dt = list(time.localtime(time.time())
    ^
IndentationError: expected an indented block

Thanks  Jim

In Python indentation matters. And it needs to be consistent within a block. The python interpreter is telling you that you should have started an indented block at the while but there is no indented block. Do a search for a python tutorial on the web or go to http://www.python.org and I think there is a link to a tutorial.

Do you have the original of the script?  It should have the correct indentation.  I've also indented it correctly above.