Re: Preupgrade (F8 to F10) fails on old machine

Timothy Murphy wrote:
> I ran preupgrade on an old machine (ThinkPad T20) running Fedora-8.
> The first part went OK, but when I re-booted
> it only read (or created?) 1% of install.img , and then hung.
>
> Is this a normal problem?
> If so is there are simple solution, like an addendum
> to the grub stanza for the new system?
>
> I should say, I didn't have enough space in /boot for install.img ,
> which I imagine is normal, as we used to be told
> to limit /boot to 100-150MB.

It does not fail - it asks you if you want to continue. It does tell
you that you need a wired network connection. It will then download
the install image when the upgrade boots. You can also use a CD or
DVD with the install image. I just did it last night - F8 to F10 -
on this machine.

Mikkel