Re: Network Manager, Firefox and more on FC10

Craig White wrote:

> You can't do didly squat as user with '/etc/init.d/network', ifup,
> ifdown, /sbin/route unless you can either su or sudo.

Special case - if the /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-* file
has "USERCTL=yes", then a normal user can bring the interface up or
down, with all the network changes that go with it. Before
NetworkManager, I used to have several ifcfg-eth? files that all
used eth0, but had different configurations for where I was. I still
use the network service on my desktop, because I want the network
interface up even if no-one is logged in. (I have an openvpn
connection set up to it.)

Mikkel