Re: disabling selinux entirely

John Aldrich wrote:
I thought that by setting selinux to "disabled" in the config file, I wouldn't be bothered by it's alerts any more. How do I stop SELinux from running, period? I don't want any alerts from SELinux regarding stuff I'm trying to install.

I am in no way an expert at SELinux which I just do not use but wouldn't something like
echo 0 > /selinux/enforce
do the trick as a workaround till you perform said reboot?

just wondering out loud...

Thierry