Re: OT: Web design applications

On Thursday 08 January 2009 01:18:38 Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Anne Wilson wrote:
> > All very confusing.  Nvu from http://www.net2.com/nvu/ looks to be
> > exactly what I need, but it seems that nvu is concentrating on windows
> > and kompozer is being recommended for linux.  Kompozer as I knew it must
> > be an older version.
>
> Kompozer is actually the newer version. Nvu 1.0 is from 2005, Kompozer has
> a release from 2007 (0.7.10).

Yes, the one I'd used before was the older version.  I installed the new one,
but it wouldn't run.  I'm assuming some problem working with KDE4, but I was
short on time, so I didn't pursue the matter.  I found that I could work in
Quanta+, though, and it wasn't much of a problem to find things, even though
the layout is different.

Thanks for answering

Anne