Network Manager, Firefox and more on FC10

Arthur Pemberton pemboa at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 18:26:53 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 6:27 AM, Mark Haney <mhaney at ercbroadband.org> wrote:
> Tom Horsley wrote:
>> On Wed, 07 Jan 2009 16:40:07 -0500
>> Mark Haney wrote:
>>
>>> If I get one that makes sense, then I might shut up
>>> about this, otherwise, to me NM is just re-inventing the wheel to no
>>> purpose.
>>
>> It isn't merely reinventing the wheel, it is replacing the wheel with
>> some utterly incompatible object that sometimes serves a wheel-like
>> function while not actually working with anything that previously
>> used wheels without extensive mods to all the former users of wheels.
>> And, while, they were at it, they also provide absolutely no
>> documentation about how to use the new wheel-like functionality
>> then claim anyone who can't get it to work is just a whiner.
>>

> No kidding.  Let me give just one more example. I installed F10 on
> another laptop (mine).  It's a Compaq Dual core AMD X2 with 8GB RAM.  A
> fresh install.  I booted into it after the install (and setting up my
> network info (wired).  Logged in as myself.

If you believe that this is something common, you really have no
respect for the Fedora developers. I've installed Fedora 9/10 on
several different machines now, and I have never needed to do more
than plug in an ethernet cable to get wired working.

So please have more respect for the Fedora developers and
NetworkManager developers on this public forum. These guys have
provided me with too much good software for me to standby have people
needlessly disrespect their work.

--
Fedora 9 : sulphur is good for the skin
( www.pembo13.com )