Re: Network Manager, Firefox and more on FC10

On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 1:07 PM, Tom Horsley <tom horsley att net> wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Jan 2009 12:26:53 -0600
> Arthur Pemberton wrote:
>
>> If you believe that this is something common, you really have no
>> respect for the Fedora developers. I've installed Fedora 9/10 on
>> several different machines now, and I have never needed to do more
>> than plug in an ethernet cable to get wired working.
>
> I've installed it on several different machines now, and never got
> any functioning networking on any of the installs until I disabled
> NetworkManager and enabled network.

Have you taken any measures to have it fixed? File bugs? Post to the
NM mailing list? Because this isn't normal.

I have given totally Linux newbies the live media and they get going
with full on wifi with no assistance.

--
Fedora 9 : sulphur is good for the skin
( www.pembo13.com )