How do I allow regular user access to ttyUSB0 ?

I have a USB serial port that I use with my laptop.  Its a PL2303
device.   Linux recognizes it correctly and assigns it to device
ttyUSB0.

I am having a problem whereby I can use ttyUSB0 as root but not as a
regular user.  I need to allow regular user access to ttyUSB0.  How do I
do this ?

Thanks