Re: System freeze with ATI

2009/1/8 Anne Wilson <annew kde org>:
> I have a radeon mobility X600, so very similar to yours, Giuseppe.  This might
> help:
>
> http://userbase.kde.org/GPU-Performance#Desktop_Effects_causes_random_freezes
>
> It seems to have completely cured my problems.
>
> Anne

Unfortunately, dear Anne, it's not my case.  I actually haven't
Desktop Effect enabled on my F10 and, even using your guide, trying to
enable them, my system does continue to completely freeze after I
clicked on "Enable Desktop Effects".  I didn't tested enough my laptop
to know if the random freezes are now fixed.  Are your Desktop Effects
working, right now?

--
Giuseppe Fuggiano