Re: Network Manager, Firefox and more on FC10

On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 5:13 PM, Rick Stevens <ricks nerd com> wrote:
> I've been a hardware and software engineer for over 35 years.  I've
> never subscribed to the "build no mechanism simply if a way can be found
> to make it complex and wonderful" mentality of many of my peers.
> Obscurity rarely leads to good things, and just because something's
> "new" doesn't necessarily make it better (is the /etc/event.d stuff any
> more efficient or flexible than /etc/inittab?  I think not)

I'm not going to argue with you.   Part of the problem is we haven't
had an organized server oriented interest group to step up and throw
their weight around as a group during our development cycle.  There
must be a group of people who put server issues on the map and inject
themselves into the process.  That could be changing however.  The a
new Server SIG initiative held some discussions on the devel-list
pre-holidays.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/Server

If you are serious about helping out, this could be the group where
you could contribute and make an impact.

-jef