Re: Network Manager, Firefox and more on FC10

Arthur Pemberton wrote:
On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 1:50 PM, Robin Laing <Robin Laing drdc-rddc gc ca> wrote:
Arthur Pemberton wrote:
On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 6:27 AM, Mark Haney <mhaney ercbroadband org>
wrote:
Tom Horsley wrote:
On Wed, 07 Jan 2009 16:40:07 -0500
Mark Haney wrote:

If I get one that makes sense, then I might shut up

SNIP

I think the issue comes when you are not using DHCP as many do.  If over the
years, you have used setup scripts the NM default approach is a problem.

On this fresh install I had to setup my network info in NM at first. Then I
moved to network services and turned off NM.  A two step approach to get
back to the Old way.

As for network info, I found I had to edit the /etc/sysconfig/networking
manually because system-config-network kept corrupting the settings.  I need
to do some testing and file a bug report.

On my desktop, I have DHCP available, but i use a static IP.

All I did was use sytem-config-network, and check 'start on boot' and
uncheck 'controlled by NM'. Does this not work for you guys?

I don't have access to DHCP over the wire (YET) but system-config-network didn't work for me. It wouldn't save the proper netmask and kept creating it's own. Both here at work and at home.

As I said, I have to file a bug report. Still trying to get caught up on email and work from two weeks off for Xmas.

--
Robin Laing