Re: Mandatory Profile on Fedora 9

Bravismore Mumanyi wrote:
Can someone help with how I can possibly go ahead and create a mandatory profile for a public user account. I am managing public computing in a library and would like users to use one common account. However, other tech-savy users delete shortcuts and menu items to confuse starters. I would therefore want to have this common account with preferences that no-one except 'root' can change.

If there is a way to automatically log-on the account on start-up?

Regards
/Bravo

Look at Xguest.

I just found out about this and I plan on using it. I am still looking for decent documentation on configuring the system and desktop for my needs.

The idea behind it is a default is loaded and any changes are lost and the system is restored to the default on each login.

--
Robin Laing