Re: Netcat on Fedora is a different Netcat

Craig White wrote:
>> I can not find reference to the GPL in packaging of other
>> distributions that I have just checked. OpenSuse and Debian ship a
>> netcat which is effectively public domain, according to the copyright
>> notices I have found.
> ----
> http://directory.fsf.org/project/netcat/

There are apparently at least 3 versions:

1. Classic Netcat (http://www.atstake.com/research/tools/) [URL no
longer works, since company has been bought by Symantec], under
non-standard permissive license
(http://changelogs.ubuntu.com/changelogs/pool/main/n/netcat/netcat_1.10-38/netcat-traditional.copyright).
2. GNU Netcat (http://netcat.sourceforge.net/), under GPL 2.
3. OpenBSD Netcat