Re: Netcat on Fedora is a different Netcat

On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 2:40 PM, Craig White <craigwhite azapple com> wrote:
> http://directory.fsf.org/project/netcat/

which distributions ship that.  OpenSuse isn't shipping that as far as
I can tell. Neither is Debian stable.  Fedora's never shipped that. It
appears to be a fork of the original codebase if I'm reading the page
sf.net project page correctly.  I don't see any evidence of activity
since 2004 in the cvs tree.

http://netcat.cvs.sourceforge.net/netcat/netcat/

are you sure its an actively maintained project? I dont see any bug
activity of merit indicating maintainer responsiveness since 2006..

-jef