best video card for fedora 10

Ian Pilcher arequipeno at gmail.com
Sat Jan 10 02:00:32 UTC 2009

Thomas Cameron wrote:
> I feel kinda dirty saying this, but I use the proprietary NVidia driver
> for it and I have been very impressed with it.

As you should.  ;-)

If you're looking for an add-in card (i.e. non-Intel) with the best
chance of having decent open source support, I'd recommend going with
an ATI R500-based card.  I've been able to get a very nice dual-head
setup working with the radeonhd driver and my X1650 card.  There's even
a chance that it will have working 3-D acceleration someday.