Re: ntpd sync fails on boot

On Fri, 2009-01-09 at 18:43 +0000, Mike -- EMAIL IGNORED wrote:
> On my FC7 system, on boot up:
>    ntpd: Synchronizing with time server:
> always fails.  However, after the boot,
> if I log on and restart ntpd, the sync
> always succeeds.

I also always had that problem on my Fedora 7 installations.  NTPD would
try to start before the network was up (or fully up) and never recover.
I ran a script that would start up NTPD quite late in the boot process.

--
[tim localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.9-73.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.