F10: Error piping to "mail"

In the following line of a script, I get an error when attempting to
pipe content into mail:

cat index.html | mail root -s "Daily Woot"[sdstern sds-desk tmp]$

WARNING: RunAsUser for MSP ignored, check group ids (egid=500, want=51)
can not chdir(/var/spool/clientmqueue/): Permission denied
Program mode requires special privileges, e.g., root or TrustedUser.

How should I I set permissions to do this without going overboard?
--

  Steve