Re: Mount usb drive with mount -a fails after f10 upgrade

Joe W. Byers wrote:
Happy New Year!

I recently upgraded a RHEL5 server to F10. Yes there were many headaches doing the upgrade.

I have one remaining problem that I can not fix.That is the usb drive that I have in fstab will not mount when I issue the following command

mount -a

[root financialseal media]# mount -a
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sdc1,
       dmesg | tail  or so
My usb drive mounted fine using fstab with EL5.

I can mount the usbdrive using, all as root

mount -t ext2 /dev/sdc1 /media/usbdisk
or
mount -t auto /dev/sdc1 /media/usbdisk

lsusb and lshal all see this device and see the file system (ext2). This drive I want to mount to a specific location because I use it as a scheduled backup device.

I have searched the web over the holidays and am at a dead end. I do not understand why this quite working after the upgrade.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Joe

I finally fixed the mount -a and automount problem.

My original entry in fstab was
/dev/scd1	/media/usbdisk	ext2	pamconsole,exec,auto,managed 0 0
this did not work so I changed it to
/dev/scd1 /media/usbdisk ext2 rw,user,sync,hotplug,exec,auto,managed 0 0

this still did not work, changed to
/dev/scd1	/media/usbdisk	auto	rw,user,exec,auto,managed,sync 0 0

NOW mount -a works.

Not sure what the real problem was with hotplug, pamconsole or the ext2.

thank you for all your comments.