Re: Just to increase the state of confusion.

Steve wrote:
> There is no bug; it's just that the backup location has moved as a result
> of the change in fstab so BackupPC cannot create the hard links it needs
> because the location it is looking for no longer exists.. My external USB
> drive used to be mounted as /media/disk but now it is /media/disk-1.

That's why relying on automated mounts for fixed partitions sucks, it's
what /etc/fstab is for. You have to add your partition to fstab by hand,
otherwise it gets mounted by HAL (and chances are that always was the case
if it used to be /media/disk), not added to fstab.

        Kevin Kofler