Re: Bottom Posting problem

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 10:00 AM, Aaron Konstam <akonstam sbcglobal net> wrote:
> I am having a problem in bottom posting in replies to messages coming
> from Windows machines. If I hit return at the bottom of the message I
> get a line preceded by a < and I can't get rid of the <.
>
> I only noticed this recently so I don't know if this is a Vista problem
> an Evolution problem or something else.
>
> Has anyone else noticed this and knows how to solve the problem?

Yes, I've had this, and not just from Windows users. IIRC it happens
when someone sends a HTML-formatted mail without a plaintext
alternative part. Evo treats the message (or each paragraph, I forget)
as a single block and gets very uppity when you try to edit it. The
solution (after yelling at the person who sent you the message of
course) is to place the cursor to the right of the block and hit
return. Evo will treat the block as a single line and give you a new
line at the bottom.

poc