Re: switch user in kde 4.1 (F10)

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 3:29 PM, Robin Laing <Robin Laing drdc-rddc gc ca> wrote:
Rex Dieter wrote:
Paulo Cavalcanti wrote:

switch user is not working when using kde 4.1

KDE's switch user functionality requires one to use kdm display manager.  To do so, add to, or create, /etc/sysconfig/desktop to contain
DISPLAYMANAGER=KDE
and reboot

-- Rex

Will the switch user using kdm allow gnome users as well?  My family is mixed.  KDE and Gnome.  I am about to install F10 on my machines at home and I need to know this.

In the few tests I have made, I could switch either gnome or kde.  However, truth be told,
gnome in F10 is (presently) unable to save the current session, a fundamental feature for me. KDE, on the other hand, is pretty usable for my needs. Once you get used to its new look, everything seems natural and clean.

--
Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
LCG - UFRJ