FC9 to FC10

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Mon Jan 12 20:48:04 UTC 2009

Marco La Cognata wrote:
> Dear all
> I have installed FC9 few months before the release of FC10 on my
> laptop and everything is working fine. Now I am wondering if I should
> upgrade my system to FC10... I am afraid that I have to start again to
> fix several problems and install again all the programs that are
> already working on my laptop. What is your experience? Do you think it
> is worth to switch to FC10 from FC9? Will I need to set everything
> again (like root, skype, wifi and so on)?

May I suggest that the next time you do an install, you take very good notes on
any fixes you had to do, including both how and why. That has two uses, one
being a way you can easily address the issues if you decide to install from
scratch, and two being a list of things to check for in the upgraded release,
before you decide if you want to upgrade at all.

If you use KDE I would reinstall or stay where you are, what's in FC10 is quite
different, and many people claim not nearly as functional. I have no opinion in
that so just FYI.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>