Re: Network Manager, Firefox and more on FC10

McGuffey, David C. wrote, On 01/12/2009 04:36 PM:
Todd Denniston wrote, On Mon, 12 Jan 2009 13:14:16 -0500

McGuffey, David C. wrote, On 01/12/2009 12:36 PM:
<SNIP>
lookup failures.  When I go to NetworkManager I find it has
duplicated

the gateway address (192.168.1.1) into the netmask entry also.

Getting static addressing to work under NetworkManager has been
nothing

short of a hair-pulling experience.  The folks working
NetworkManager

need to understand that not *ALL* linux boxes will travel...some are

single-purpose boxes on networks that have a security policy that

mandates static addressing.  When one checks the static address
button,

NetworkManager must absolutely stop scribbling in places it

shouldn't!!!!

The responses I have seen to this problem in this list and the
fedora-test

list summarize as follows:

1) the *CURRENT* NM does not do a (non DHCP) static configuration very

well or

<SNIP>
Thanks.  I'll give this a try later today when I get back to the lab.
The lab is small, and I'm not using kickstart.

David,
do you think you can modify your client so it A) does not use HTML (and no RTF as well), and B) if possible change you're client so it does not do the "quoted-printable" formatting...
OR
just trim off pretty much anything you are replying to because by the time your client gets done mangling it, the previous poster's information is pretty much unreadable.