Re: ipod's (or other mp3 players) and Fedora

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 4:24 PM, Kevin Kempter
<kevin kevinkempterllc com> wrote:
> I've heard a few things about ipod's - can anyone verify if this is true:
> - that a new ipod has to be 'formatted' on a mac or windows box before use

When I did this a few years ago ipods came formatted OTB with the
Apple HFS filesystem, so you either needed to install a HFS driver, or
reformat with VFAT. The Windows version of iTunes uses VFAT so you
aren't painting yourself into a corner.

poc