Re: Any good X-Window client free download?

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 12:47 PM, Rick Stevens <ricks nerd com> wrote:
(David) Ming Xia wrote:
Hi, Markku.
   Sorry for the confusion.  I have X-server on Fedora, and I want to install an X terminal emulation client on my laptop to connect to that X-server.  I want to login to the Fedora server from my laptop and enter 'xclock' and get the clock image loaded up on my laptop.     The Cywin/X should contain both server and client part.  I just need client part.  I will take a look to see if it works or not.

Remember that in X terminology, the unit with the keyboard, mouse and
display is the X SERVER, while xclock is an X CLIENT.  I know this seems
backwards, but it's true none the less.  You need to install the X
server package on your Windows machine.

Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 00:26:17 +0200
From: Markku Kolkka <markkuk tuubi net>
Subject: Re: Any good X-Window client free download?
To: fedora-list redhat com

(David) Ming Xia kirjoitti viestissään (lähetysaika maanantai, 12. tammikuuta 2009):
Hi, Markku.
 I need something like 'Refection X', an X-window
client that can  load something like 'xclock' onto my
laptop.

"Reflection X" is a X server and xclock is a X client, so you want a X server for your laptop to use X clients running on your Fedora machine. You didn't specify which OS your laptop runs, but if it's Windows you can get Cygwin/X from http://x.cygwin.com/

freenx and vnc are very good. for a remote access, freenx is an ideal choice, as least for me.

- Rick Stevens, Systems Engineer                      ricks nerd com -
- AIM/Skype: therps2        ICQ: 22643734            Yahoo: origrps2 -
-                He who laughs last thinks slowest.                  -