Re: rpm rebuild

Patrick Dupre wrote:
It looks like that the root directory is not taken properly, so I did:
rpm --rebuilddb --dbpath /mnt/linux/var/lib/rpm
In the past, booting from a rescue CD I have used:
# rpm --rebuilddb --root /mnt/linux/

If you point root to the correct spot, it assumes the rpm db will be at var/lib/rpm within the --root.

[are you root ? tried with selinux from the rescue system disabled ?]
From the rescue system:
rpm -Va --root /mnt/linux/ rpm\* glib\*
might give further hints.

DaveT.