fedora 9 and an nvidia 7200gs video card

Don Raikes DON.RAIKES at oracle.com
Tue Jan 13 16:05:45 UTC 2009

Thanks for this info:

Unfortunately, once I installed the rpmfusion yum configuration files, and search for the kmod-nvidia package as indicated on the howto page, I didn't find any packages.

Oh well I also discovered that it helps to make sure the card itself is firmly seated in the pci slot. I opened the case up again this morning and made sure it was seated firmly, and reran /sbin/lspci and this time it showed the nvidia geforce 72 card :-)

I manually edited /etc/X11/xorg.conf and changed the driver from radeon to vesa and now I can at least get into gnome using startx.