Re: Restoring NetworkManager settings

Timothy Murphy wrote:
Alan Evans wrote:

I wanted to temporarily assign static IP settings for eth0, and like a
dufus I used system-config-network. Unchecked "Controlled by Network
Manager" and entered the desired addresses. This worked fine as far as
it went.

You confirm my experience than system-config-network
is more or less incompatible with NM.

My experience is that if NM is running,
it is not a good idea to run system-config-network.

In fact, I don't think it is ever a good idea to run system-config-network.

I agree.

Check to make sure that your network device is activated. When setting up F10 on this computer, I found that my network device would keep being turned off and then it was greyed out in NM.

--
Robin Laing