Re: Network Manager, Firefox and more on FC10

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 7:45 AM, Timothy Murphy <gayleard eircom net> wrote:

> I don't see this option when I run system-config-network under Fedora-10.
> I see 'Activate device when computer starts'
> when I highlight my WiFi device (in system-config-network)
> and click on Edit.
> Is that what you mean?

It is.

> I'm actually reluctant to run system-config-network
> as when I have done this in the past it stopped NM working.

It shouldn't. Hasn't happened to me. One time did notice that I lost
all my routes, but I wasn't enable to link that to either tool -- so I
can't claim it was the fault of either.

> I see for example it has mode Master under Wireless Settings
> with no key set.
> (I don't see that I am asked what encryption I am using.)

I don't think s-c-network is designed much for the details of
wireless, just its bare network interface.

--
Fedora 9 : sulphur is good for the skin
( www.pembo13.com )