netbook jonesing

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Tue Jan 13 19:26:58 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-01-13 at 19:12 +0000, Beartooth wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Jan 2009 19:59:47 -0700, Craig White wrote:
>
> > All this talk about Acer Aspire and EEPro makes me want one. Is one
> > better than another? Is the only difference in the Acer Aspires whether
> > it comes with 8GB SSHD, 120 GB HD or 160 GB HD?  Too many models that
> > seem about the same.
>
> 	Caveat : If you happen to have unusually large hands, or poor
> eyesight, or both, be sure to buy only one you have spent some time
> handling. With trifocal fingers and arthritic eyeballs, the only use I
> can hope to get out of a 701 is in waiting rooms -- if (big IF) I can get
> it to boot and connect fast enough. And according to the buzz at http://
> forum.eeeuser.com/ I am by no means alone in these troubles.
>
> 	Also, they are evolving hand over fist. If in doubt, wait a few
> months, maybe another year or so. I wish I had. There are probably a
> couple out there now that would suit me.
----
already ordered - reviews were positive on the Acer Aspire One keyboard
and I got one of the 160GB models coming. Apparently the new ones with
the 160 GB HD also have a '6 cell' battery whereas the older 120 GB had
a '3 cell' battery and I'm gathering this means better battery life. I
suspect tho' that they've found a way to make them even cheaper based
upon Anne's issues about wireless LED's.

Thanks to all - I'm going to be keeping up with the Jones's now

Craig