No system-config-display, so what now?

A day or two ago someone mentioned a utility that would set up a basic
xorg.conf.  My netbook is having the same fairly heavy cpu usage as I was
seeing on the laptop, and just like the laptop, it is showing X and KWin as
the culprits.  I cured it there by setting the acceleration mode to EXA.
Since the netbook uses an Intel display, it's likely to work there as well.

I know I can create an xorg.conf as a text file, but I'm wary of creating an
incomplete one.   And anything that involves drivers is better done with any
safeguards available :-)

Anne