fc10 install, questions

w bugar wbugar at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 13 21:13:56 UTC 2009

> From: Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at>
> Subject: Re: fc10 install, questions
> To: fedora-list at redhat.com
> Date: Sunday, January 11, 2009, 9:34 PM
> w bugar wrote:
> > Where is the prompt for display manuf like I remember
> in prior installs?
>
> system-config-display
> It should be in the menu as well.

Can't find it, not in $PATH, not in /usr/sbin with others.
I have all xorg rpms installed from DVD but fonts-75dpi, util-macros and xtrans-devel and it's not in any of those either.
Just want my resolution back to were it was.....

> > I can't find xorg.conf file anywhere in /etc or /usr.
>
> That's because none is needed in most cases.
> /etc/X11/xorg.conf is where you'd create one.

I'm not creating anything, I want the "system" to do it.
Be nice if they picked one case and stuck to it, IMHO.

Thx,
Bill