Re: No system-config-display, so what now?

Anne Wilson wrote:
On Wednesday 14 January 2009 01:15:28 Rahul Sundaram wrote:
We will get there faster, if people report bugs when autoconfiguration
does not work.

Rahul, there must be hundreds of cases where autoconfiguration gives you a working display, but because of the XAA/EXA issue still gives problems. I'm assuming that there is no point in a bug report about this, since I understand that EXA will become standard soon. If I'm wrong, please tell me, and I'll go away and make the report.

It depends. If the hardware is old for example, EXA won't work and you need a static hardware info fallback. It would be useful to file a report in such instances.

Rahul