Re: No system-config-display, so what now?

On Wednesday 14 January 2009 09:16:35 Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Anne Wilson wrote:
> > On Wednesday 14 January 2009 01:15:28 Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> >> We will get there faster, if people report bugs when autoconfiguration
> >> does not work.
> >
> > Rahul, there must be hundreds of cases where autoconfiguration gives you
> > a working display, but because of the XAA/EXA issue still gives problems.
> >  I'm assuming that there is no point in a bug report about this, since I
> > understand that EXA will become standard soon.  If I'm wrong, please tell
> > me, and I'll go away and make the report.
>
> It depends. If the hardware is old for example, EXA won't work and you
> need a static hardware info fallback. It would be useful to file a
> report in such instances.

I started to make the report, but then realised I don't yet have enough info
to make a useful one regarding the Acer Aspire One (Intel 945GME Express) and
F10's xorg.  Most of the information I've gathered is about the Radeon
Mobility X600 on the Mandriva laptop.  I assume that both situations are
relevant, so when I have enough info I'll do a report that covers both
hardware configurations.  Having spent a little longer with the netbook, I'm
not convinced that changing the AccelMethod did as much for the Intel board as
it did for the ATi one.  I'll give it a bit longer and see if I can get
anything useful.

Anne