netbook jonesing

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Wed Jan 14 17:01:57 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 13 January 2009 20:46:53 Frank Cox wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Jan 2009 12:26:58 -0700
>
> Craig White wrote:
> > upon Anne's issues about wireless LED's.
>
> The led thing is really a driver issue.  This web page:
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Acer_Aspire_One
>
> talks about getting the led to work with Fedora, but I get the impression
> that it works only with the madwifi driver (which is no longer required for
> F10).
>
> I haven't tried any of the other tricks listed on that page yet.

Apparently the LED fix worked with 2.6.26 kernels and the madwifi driver.  It
does not work with 2.6.27 kernels and the included ath5k driver.  If any
ubuntu user can tell me whether it works with a 2.6.28 kernel, I'd be
interested, although I understand that ubuntu has had issues with the ath5k
driver

Anne