Re: No system-config-display, so what now?

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Anne Wilson wrote:
>> On Wednesday 14 January 2009 01:15:28 Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>>> We will get there faster, if people report bugs when autoconfiguration
>>> does not work.
>>
>> Rahul, there must be hundreds of cases where autoconfiguration gives
>> you a working display, but because of the XAA/EXA issue still gives
>> problems.  I'm assuming that there is no point in a bug report about
>> this, since I understand that EXA will become standard soon.  If I'm
>> wrong, please tell me, and I'll go away and make the report.
>
> It depends. If the hardware is old for example, EXA won't work and you
> need a static hardware info fallback. It would be useful to file a
> report in such instances.
>
> Rahul

In my case, it's a new Shuttle SN78SH7 with an integrated Nvidia GeForce
8200.  I took the easy way out and used system-config-display to make an
xorg.conf file, but I should learn how to file a bug report.

Gar

begin:vcard
fn:Gar Nelson
n:Nelson;Gar
org:National Weather Service, Western Region;WFO Glasgow
adr:;;101 Airport Rd.;Glasgow;MT;59230;USA
email;internet:gar nelson noaa gov
title:ITO
tel;work:406.228.2850
x-mozilla-html:FALSE