stack trace page with kdump, possible?

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 17:25:54 UTC 2009

On Wed, 14 Jan 2009 11:35:12 +0000 Bryn M. Reeve wrote:
> Although network crash dumps via netdump have been removed from the distribution, the log messages can still be captured using the netconsole facility.
> See the configuration file in /etc/sysconfig/netconsole and the initscript /etc/init.d/netconsole.
> You'll also need a syslog or netdump server configured on the network to capture the messages.
Ok, it works. thanks.
If the client is centos5/f10 and so does need netconsole service, the
remote should be syslogd server, netdump server alone is not
sufficient.
Now if I want the logs of the clients on different files and not all
in the same /var/log/messages of the syslog server, how can I get it?
By default I get lines with ip of the clients to understand the source
(.49 and .50) of the type

Jan 14 17:24:00 10.4.5.49 SysRq :
Jan 14 17:24:00 10.4.5.49 Show Memory
Jan 14 17:24:00 10.4.5.49 Mem-info:
Jan 14 17:24:00 10.4.5.49 Node 0
Jan 14 17:24:00 10.4.5.49 DMA per-cpu:
Jan 14 17:24:00 10.4.5.49
Jan 14 17:24:00 10.4.5.49 cpu 0 hot: high 0, batch 1 used:0
Jan 14 17:25:00 10.4.5.50 SysRq :
Jan 14 17:25:00 10.4.5.50 Show Memory
Jan 14 17:25:00 10.4.5.50 Mem-info:
Jan 14 17:25:00 10.4.5.50 Node 0
Jan 14 17:25:00 10.4.5.50 DMA per-cpu:
Jan 14 17:25:00 10.4.5.50
Jan 14 17:25:00 10.4.5.50 cpu 0 hot: high 0, batch 1 used:0

can I have different directories for different clients?
I did not find an option in syslog.conf for client or server...

Tahnks
Gianluca