FC10, Could not start Kstartupconfig

FC10/KDE
Had to reinstall box with KDE and when partitioning I left the /home/users directories alone. after installation i had to put the users back in with passwords (no change in username and password) Out of five users when trying to log back into two users I get this error message , "Could not start Kstartupconfig"
, and I can't get into their home directories.

What is wrong here. ?