Re: No system-config-display, so what now?

Kevin Kofler wrote:

> Timothy Murphy wrote:
>> If in fact X can be set up automatically,
>> then presumably xorg.conf can be written automatically.
>
> That's what X -configure is for.

If you have to run X -configure
(what exactly do you mean by this?)
then it is not automatic.

But my only point is that I don't understand the philosophy
behind doing away with xorg.conf ,
and then saying, "Well, you might need it,
in which case there are various (unspecified) progams you can run."

Surely it would be simpler just to write xorg.conf in all cases?