HELP: "rpcbind: server localhost not responding"

HELP - I have built a new kernel (to add some options) and I have
obviously missed something important... but I cant find it.

With THIS new kernel, during the boot, I get the message

	rpcbind: server localhost not responding, timed out
	RPC: failed to contact local rpcbind server (errorno 5)

With a previous kernel everything is OK, so its not a
userland problem.

Ive looked at everything imaginable with xconfig, and I dont
see what Ive missed,- somebody...  point me at my stupidity.

--
                                        Reg.Clemens
                                        reg dwf com