Re: HELP: "rpcbind: server localhost not responding"

Reg Clemens wrote:
HELP - I have built a new kernel (to add some options) and I have obviously missed something important... but I cant find it.

With THIS new kernel, during the boot, I get the message

	rpcbind: server localhost not responding, timed out
	RPC: failed to contact local rpcbind server (errorno 5)

With a previous kernel everything is OK, so its not a
userland problem.
Ive looked at everything imaginable with xconfig, and I dont
see what Ive missed,- somebody...  point me at my stupidity.

Er, did you enable networking?
-              Careful!  Ugly strikes 9 out of 10 people!            -