xorg.conf resolution issues

Leslie Satenstein lsatenstein at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 15 18:36:03 UTC 2009

I have added other resolutions to the list that system-config-display provided. I don't know how it creates the list, but there were some that were left out.

I would like to know how to define the sweep frequencies that are associated with a resolution.  Is this information coming from the monitor?

UBUNTU supports some sweep frequencies that are not showing in Fedora's list for the same resolutions. With UBUNTU I can get the screen to full width and height, without overshoot or undershoot. With Fedora, I have to skip that resolution as the two sweep frequency options are under/over  (60 / 85 ).  Frustrating to not know what to search for in google for problem resolution.