Re: HELP: "rpcbind: server localhost not responding"

On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 4:18 PM, Gerhard Magnus <magnus agora rdrop com> wrote:
> ...and of all else fails, disable SELinux (worked for me -- and wasn't
> necessary after the SELinux policy updates this morning, 1/15)

Only keep in mind that SELinux protects your system. Disable SELinux
only if added security is of no concern; otherwise, consider adding a
rule to the firewall to allow nfs traffic.

Also system-config-firewall has a checkbox to allow nfs or not.

~af