Fedora 10 dovecot: Unknown authentication mechanism 'gssapi'

Recently upgraded a server from F9 to F10, and was surprised to find that dovecot would immediately die after starting. /var/log/maillog indicated the following:

Jan 15 15:30:04 socrates dovecot: Dovecot v1.1.7 starting up
Jan 15 15:30:05 socrates dovecot: Fatal: auth(default): Unknown authentication mechanism 'gssapi' Jan 15 15:30:05 socrates dovecot: Fatal: Auth process died too early - shutting down

dovecot version 1.1.7-1.fc10.

Once I removed gssapi from the list of authentication mechanisms, dovecot would start.

After reverting to the dovecot from Fedora 9 (1.0.15-16.fc9), dovecot starts up just fine with gssapi in the list of authentication mechanisms.

As far as I can determine, there is no reason gssapi should not be a valid authentication mechanism with the later dovecot version. Bug ?