Re: KVM Switch Suggestions -- Are The Ebay Cheapies Okay?

Robert L Cochran wrote:
Are the no-name-brand, two-port, USB 2.0 PS2 KVM switch boxes with two
cables which sell for $14.99 and free shipping on EBay any good? Here is
an example: item 140294824343 from seller insidecomputer. Recent
discussions (from 2007) suggest IOGear and Trendnet switches as good
brands. If I can get a cheap switch that works, though, I'm willing to

That cheapo does not have the VGA connectivity fully cabled pin to pin, thus VESA info from the monitor is not transmitted back to the VGA controller.

You will go back to oldies time when you need to define X server manually, and that is really pain in the *ss.

--
"Man is a slave to money which, however, is nobody's slave."

Bhishma to Yudhisthira at Kurukshetra